Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gail Collins, "Veeps Wielding Pens": I'd Rather Be Reading George R.R. Martin

New York Times op-ed columnist Gail Collins must have a lot of idle time on her hands if she is troubling herself to read books written by likely Republican vice presidential candidates (see: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/19/opinion/collins-veeps-wielding-pens.html). Sorry, but I don't see myself getting around to these "masterpieces."

For the sake of fairness, I should also admit that I never bothered to read Obama's fictional autobiographies. Nor will I.

Currently, I'm taking a short break from history in order to devour George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and Umberto Eco's "The Prague Cemetery."

There are so many wonderful books, yet we are given so little time on this earth.

Modest as she is, Gail doesn't mention the title of her own soon-to-be-published autobiographical account: "A Lifetime Endeavor: Dog Poop En Route to Canada, the First 100 Essays."

No comments:

Post a Comment